We Are An Australian NAID AAA Certified Company
What Is NAID Certification?
You may heard the phrase NAID AAA Certified thrown around before but what does it actually mean?
NAID itself stands for the Nation Association of Information Destruction. It's an international and independent regulator for the Information Destruction industry. Whilst any provider can become a NAID Member for their own information purposes etc. only NAID AAA companies have passed the requirements.
"NAID is the standards setting body for the information destruction industry. NAID AAA Certification verifies the qualifications of certified information destruction providers through a comprehensive scheduled and unannounced audit program. This rigorous process supports the needs of organizations around the world by helping them meet numerous laws and regulations requiring protection of confidential customer information." (From: naid.org)
What Does NAID AAA Mean For Me?
A document destruction company that has achieved the NAID AAA is one that you can trust. It means that the organisation complies with top level security standards and is also open to random auditing, where vehicles, CCTV and general site security are checked. A NAID AAA company will have a certification link like the one below on their website to verify this standard (click it to see).
Why Choose A NAID AAA Certified Company?
When you choose a NAID AAA Certified company to provide your document and e waste destruction services, you are receiving an internationally accredited document destruction service.
It helps to protect your company by providing a Certificate of Destruction that you can produce if you are the subject of an audit. With the new privacy laws that came into place across Australia in March 2014 , it is now more important than ever to ONLY use a NAID certified company.
Here are the other main reasons you should choose SDDC as your NAID certified service:
- NAID’s certification program was developed by information security professionals and is recognised by thousands of private and governmental organisations in Australia and around the world.
- All regional third party NAID auditors have earned the Certified Protection Professional accreditation from ASIS International and are extensively trained on all certification audit procedures and requirements.
- NAID certification auditors verify that protocols are in place to ensure the security of confidential material throughout all stages of the destruction process such as handling, transporting, storing materials prior to destruction, and destroying and disposing of materials responsibly. This also includes any transfer of custody scenarios.
- An extensive, three-level background screening process verifies that no individual with a known history of related crimes will be handling confidential material.
- A regimented, comprehensive unannounced audit program means that certified companies operate knowing they may receive an unannounced audit on any day, at anytime, providing a powerful motivator for ongoing compliance.
- The Certification Review Board tracks reports of non-compliance and takes immediate remedial action to bring certified companies back into compliance. Repeat or serious infractions will result in fines and may result in removal of certification.