The document destruction and recycling answer you need is only be a click away...
We receive many questions about document and media destruction. To help you we have listed the most common questions we receive along with precise answers and further information. If you cant find your question listed, please call us on 02 9749 9337 and we will help you out. If you are in a hurry or on the move please complete our contact form.
- 1Why do I need to shred any personal documents?
Firstly because it’s the law. Secondly, it is to protect yourself, your company, staff & customers from Identity theft.
- 2What is a Security bin?
A Security bin is a locked otto/wheelie bin designed with a slotted lid for documents no longer required that need to be destroyed by law.
- 3What is involved in Document shredding?
Document shredding involves your documents being picked up by our fully accredited staff using only lockable vehicles. The documents are securely transported to our secure facility and shredded within 24-48 hours of arrival.
- 4Do you supply a Certificate of Destruction and if so what is the cost?
Yes, we supply a Certificate of Destruction after every collection of documents and there is no extra charge for the Certificate.
- 5Do you have any extra charges like bin rental, admin charges, service fees etc?
No, there are no extra on-going charges apart from a one-off setup fee.
- 6Can I witness the shredding?
Yes, we encourage you to witness the shredding of your documents
- 7Can we inspect your shredding facility before we decide to use your service?
Yes and we recommend you ask this of every company you obtain quotes from
- 8How can I confirm your accreditations?
Logon to naidonline.org, click on NAID Australasia then select For consumers & click on Certified.
- 9Do you service anyone else in my area/building that I can speak to regarding your service?
If there is, we would seek permission first from that client before giving out their details. You can read some testimonials from current customers if you like.
- 10Does your driver collect our bin from our office or do we need to take the bin outside to the street or loading dock?
Our driver will come into your office and pick up the locked bin. We never recommend Security Bins are left outside. We come to you regardless of what level your office may be on, no bins need to be taken outside for collection, any replacement bins are returned to their proper position; the documents may also be collected from a storage area or even your home garage.
- 11Are your vehicles secure?
Yes, we only use lockable pantechs & vans. We NEVER use garbage style compactor trucks. Our vehicles are also subject to the strict auditing process for our accreditations.
- 12Are the bins clean?
The bins are cleaned every time they are dispatched for delivery.
- 13Isn’t having my documents recycled the same as having them destroyed?
NO! The recycling of documents is an un-secure process as documents waiting to be just recycled can sit in open recycling depots across Australia & Asia and recycling companies have no responsibility to protect the information held in the paper.
- 14Do you only shred paper?
No, we can shred anything that holds information e.g. hard drives, laptops, USB/Flash drives, DVD’s & CD’s, credit & ID cards, mobile phones, X-rays, company uniforms.
- 15Is the shredded material recycled?
Yes, almost all the material is recycled where possible and part of our AAA Accreditation requires our company to have a contract with a reliable recycling company.
- 16Do I need to remove staples & paper clips?
No but we do ask you to remove bulldog clips, plastic sleeves so the recycled paper is not contaminated.
- 17Do you collect the bins during office hours?
Yes as we need to collect the bins directly from your office for security reasons. We always need a signature on the pickup docket.
- 18Do you collect documents on a weekend?
Yes, by appointment only.
- 19Do you service schools?
Yes, we service any business or any person that has information that needs to be securely destroyed.
- 20I have a home office, will you collect from someone like me?
Yes, our service is the same regardless of the size of your business.
- 21I don’t have a business but I have some old tax returns & personal papers that I think should be shredded, maybe only 1 or 2 boxes worth, will you collect & shred this small amount or can I bring it to you?
Yes, we will collect the papers from you or you can deliver them to us.
- 22Our Archive boxes are falling apart, will you still collect them?
Yes, we will bring Security bins to tip the broken boxes into for extra security.
- 23How do I know my documents are not read by your staff?
The entire process is filmed by our CCTV cameras and all our staff are security cleared.
- 24Do you outsource any of the process?
No, all processes are done by our fully accredited staff.
- 25Do you pickup from my area?
We cover the CBD and the Greater Sydney area and have some flexibility with days.
- 26Why should I outsource my document destruction?
There is minimal disruption to your staff when the Security bin is exchanged by our drivers and also time saving for your staff; they don't need to waste endless hours standing at the small office shredder that can break down or get jammed frequently!
- 27Can you outline the procedure again?
Our process is simple – you ring, we take your documents, we shred, we invoice (our invoices are simple to read, also), we supply a “Certificate of Destruction”. We have an emergency after hours contact number. Every document is transported in a secure vehicle to a warehouse where they are shredded under full security and video surveillance. We implement the highest security whilst protecting your privacy and we guarantee complete confidentiality. You don't need to spend hours taking out staples, paper clips, bulldog clips, folders etc, we do all that to ensure absolutely no contaminants go through to the end product of recycled paper. We do care about the environment also!
- 28What standards does your company have?
- Having your own secure plant/facility
- Owning your own Australian Government’s T4 SCEC endorsed shredding machinery which shreds the documents to an international standard
- Have installed fully operational CCTV surveillance cameras with a 90 day back-up
- Have installed fully operational back-to-base security monitoring
- Having a time frame in which the documents must be destroyed
- Secure collection vehicles with T4/SCEC endorsed locks & tamper-proof hinges
- Initial & then random police, drug & alcohol checks for all employees
- Controlled access of employees including signed confidentiality agreements
- Annual audits and unannounced audits
- Having all full & current insurances including Public Liability, Business, Motor Vehicle and Workers Compensation.
- Having current business registration and motor vehicle registrations
- Having a contract with a reputable recycling paper source.
- 29How do I book a service?
You can call us on 02 9749 9337 or send an email to email@example.com